No one likes sports injuries, whether you are a professional athlete, weekend warrior, or take part in sports for fun. Injuries cause discomfort, and limited mobility, and keep you from taking part in what you love. But guess what? You don’t have to battle a niggling sports injury for long. Seek the services of a chiropractor, and you will be back on the field sooner than you think. Is a sports injury slowing you down in Dearborn, MI? Relief is around the corner. All you need to do is book an appointment with Copple Chiropractic for sports injury treatment.
Why Do Sports Injuries Occur?
While sports injuries can’t be prevented 100%, they can be significantly reduced. Common sports injuries occur because of the below:
- Failure to warm up
- Wearing improper gear
- Pushing yourself beyond the limit
- Knocks from other players or objects
- Inappropriate training methods
If you incur a sports injury, don’t beat yourself up. Instead, book an appointment with a sports chiropractor for quick pain relief.
Common Sports Injuries Treatable by a Chiropractor
You probably know chiropractors treat back and neck pain. While these are the common conditions we encounter in our clinic, chiropractic care can treat numerous other conditions, including sports injuries.
The common sports injuries treatable by chiropractic care include:
- Shoulder injury
- Leg pain
- Shin splints
- Tennis elbow
- Runner’s knee
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Herniated disc
- Wrist pain
Since sports injuries can keep you on the sidelines for an extended period, you need to seek chiropractic care to return to the field as soon as possible.
We don’t use medication to mask your symptoms. Instead, we pinpoint the root cause of your pain and devise a long-lasting solution for your injury.
How Chiropractors Treat Sports Injuries
A chiropractic treatment begins with a diagnosis of your injury. After making a personal connection with you, we ask about your medical history, note your symptoms, and physically examine you to identify the location of your injury. Other diagnostic tools include X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs.
After proper diagnosis, we may use one or a combination of the treatments below:
- Spinal manipulation: Since injuries may misalign your spinal joints, we begin by aligning your out-of-position spinal joints. This action triggers your body’s self-healing mechanism, providing whole-body relief, including your sports injury.
- Massage therapy: Tight muscles may cause pain and limit your mobility. We relax tense muscles using massage therapy.
- Stretching exercises: Chiropractic exercises improve flexibility and strengthen your muscles against future injuries.
- Active release therapy: This non-invasive technique removes “restrictions” in tight muscles to reduce pain and improve flexibility.
Call Us Today
Are you battling a sports injury? It’s time to book an appointment with a chiropractor in Dearborn, MI. At Copple Chiropractic, we have the experience, expertise, and technology to treat your sports injury and prevent it from recurring. Call us today at (734) 674-1830.